Independence



I hate fireworks. I hate firecrackers. I hate commercialized, violent, war-based patriotism. That said, I had a wonderful 4th of July. Mt. Tabor on a sunny evening is sheer heaven, the exact opposite of what I hate. It is America at its best...peaceful, natural, beautiful. Mr. Rios and I biked to the top and had a picnic, overlooking the reservoirs and the city. I can't believe that this amazing place is ten blocks from our house! Ten blocks from the warzone hipster madness that is Hawthorne blvd is the serene, quaint quietude of Mt. Tabor.
Here's to independence from insanity! Here's to independence from loud noises and drunken "fun"!



Huzzah! Huzzah!

Ok, wait. Here's to a little drunken fun:

video

Comments

LOL!!! ha ha ha.. Stay strong love! I need to come to pdx soon! Miss ya
Stephilius said…
Lovely, Huiteuse! So glad one of us (two, really, with that Rios fellow of yours!) is getting the chance to fully enjoy this gorgeous weather. Mar-r-r-rvelous!
Bonnie Story said…
Ace of Spades, that's so cool!!! Sending love - Bon

Popular Posts