Good (and Bad) Magic





Country Fair 2011. The good:  













The bad:




And the totally disgusting:




Then there was also the Jimmy Hendrix

Some Blue Queens

 
A Red Devil
A Golden Warrior (with a Mickey Mouse bandaid on his cut lip)
And a TOTALLY KICK ASS MARCH 4TH MARCHING BAND!!!!!
A great day at the fair, although it does take all my willpower not to freak out sometimes, and I grew up there!

That's me in the photo of the parade at the top of the blog, in the '70's!

I have a love/hate relationship with the hippie scene, in some senses it's a meaningful, loving home to me. All the hippie moms and dads that included me in their families, and their kids in ours, was an amazing experience. But today's fair has a lot of addiction and alchohol use and an aggressive sexuality that freaks me out, people! I kept it cool though, and enjoyed strolling the fragrant paths of the Veneta forest and saw some great performances. Here's one that isn't so great, but funny in a Shakespearean farce kind of way.

video

Comments

Popular Posts