Poncho in the Pearl

Ordinarily this post would go on my fashion blog A-Line: Life Stylist. But because it is mostly about the Pearl, not the poncho, I will put it here. The weather in Portland has been SO INCREDIBLY SUCKY for so long, that when we got a sunny day last week I leaped into the car and took Darling Faye down to the beautiful Pearl district for a walk. And a coffee. 







videoI LOVE THE PEARL! I don't care if it's gentrified and filled with yuppies, it is BEAUTIFUL!!! At the very end of 10th street, just past my favorite bakery the Lovejoy Bakery, and just past one of my favorite little parks, Tanner Springs Park, is a huge dog park, under the Freemont Bridge. There are lovely, modern glass condos all around, but this giant open space just breathes fresh air into the residential neighborhood. The sun was shining, the cars windows were twinkling as they crossed the bridge, and Faye and I took in the beautiful juxtoposition of old industrial buildings and brand new, shiny development together. It's lovely down there, I highly recommend taking a walk all the way down 10th street to the end. If you're lucky you'll even hear the whinny of the police horses coming from the police stables down there! Surprises everywhere you look!




I decided it was the right weather for my poncho, not too warm and not too cold. I love this multi-colored wrap because it is so adjustable, allowing you to shift the arms however you need for coverage, or exposure. It also hides love-handles! Cute with boots, too. Although I wore it with the other pair of piece of crap Gap City Flats.

Comments

humm nice building its very big ..

Popular Posts