Desert Sublime







object width="480" height="385">








I love the sun. Although an impassioned Oregonian, I find myself unfurling in the warmth of the Southern California sun. A perfectly warm and shiny trip to Disneyland and Palm Desert has left me relaxed and able to soldier on through an Oregon spring.
Favorite Disneyland ride this time? "It's a Small World After All", which I have never been on before. When I was a child the grownups all turned up their noses at its cloying, unforgettable song, and wouldn't take me on it. However, they may not have had the same childhood dream as me... to be IN a Rankin & Bass Christmas movie. Right there with Fred Astaire and Burle Ives. This ride is that dream come true. A crazy cavalcade of 1960's stylized design, starting with the enormous silver and gold exterior. Getting into comfortable little boats, you move through the topiary garden of green lions, bears and horses. Then you enter a realm of absolute insanity. Each giant room is like a hollywood sounstage filled to the ceiling with moving, singing dolls dressed in costumes from all over the world, dancing goats, flying carpets, giant singing suns, I can't begin to describe the amazing, fantastic, psychedelic boat ride you take through the exhibit. Do not deny yourself the pleasure.
Next, we're off the Palm Desert to visit the in-laws. The desert is still green at this early spring date, not the barren, scorched moonscape it will be in 3 months. A gentle 85 degrees today, 120 blistering degrees later on in the season.
But for now.... this is the view from the hot tub.

Comments

Great video! I will have to post the ones on the disney world ride. Glad you all are having fun!(i sounded southern there)

xoxo

POPULAR POSTS