I love July 8th!




My goodness, it's my birthday. 43 years old!! I must admit, for a middle-aged person I feel pretty great!

I'm having a coffee at an internet cafe right now because our computer is down. Then I'll take myself downtown for a tiny shopping experience and then to the vegan bakery to pick up my lovely little birthday cake. Which me and the fam. will eat tonight. Tomorrow Cora and I head out to LOS ANGELES again... 4 days in the sunny Santa Monica sea air will do me a world of good.

A bientot!
xo diane
ps: some notable July 8th birthdays:


Lynn Redgrave (so beautiful and graceful and helps me not fear aging)











Jean de la Fontaine (fables!)






Micky Dolenz (a monkey!)












Aiden Quinn (uber-cute!)



















Here are some good Jean de la Fontaine quotes:


"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it."

and

"A pessimist and an optimist; so much the worse, so much the better."

and my favorite,

"A hungry stomach cannot hear." so true!

Comments

Gary said…
Happy Birthday, Diane* (a few days late, that is)!

Enjoy your mini-vacay.






*and to Mickey Dolenz, natch.
Bonnie Story said…
Happy birthday sweetie - and today, happy Bastille Day!!! Yowie!! Hope you are having a great time in da southland hoods. XXOO Bon

POPULAR POSTS