Bad Writing, and an exciting interview!



Yesterday at Powell's I was interviewed by Vernon Lott who is making this documentary called "Bad Writing". It's a movie about writing and writers, good and bad, his own admittedly terrible poetry, and peripheral related issues such as books versus kindels, digital media, etc. The project has some pretty big names attached to it such as David Sedaris, and George Sanders, and it had a blurb on the New York Times Website. I was lucky enough to get to participate by talking about working at Powell's. I also got to take Vernon and Heath, the cameraman, down the French aisle where Vernon made himself forever endearing to me by purchasing "Chi Chi, le Panda Ravissant" (Chi Chi the Ravishing Panda), one of my favorite non-fiction books in the aisle.

I can't wait to see if I made the cut! Check out this neato blog called "Je Ne Suis Qu'une Pauvre Plume" for a short piece on the documentary.

Comments

layoder said…
Thanks so much for the kind words and link, Diane! I cannot wait for this documentary...

And I love that you work at Powells! I've ordered some used French texts from you. :) I've always wanted to visit the Pacific Northwest, but I haven't made it as yet... soon!

All the best to you!
Diane said…
Your blog is great! May I put a link in the sidebar? And merci mille fois for ordering french books... we have lots of great used non-fiction books right now... have you seen "Les Mains Parlent"... about reading palms? It's from the 60's, and is very mod.
Bonnie Story said…
Hi Sweetie! Have a great show this weekend! Rawk on babe... and stay cool! I wish you palm-frond waving fans in the front row, and drink lots of water of course. Love, Bon

POPULAR POSTS