Valiant Squids and Ponies



The Valiant Arms had a great time last night with Eugene friends Dan Jones and the Squids and Portland Pals Pony Village. PV was up first and played a tight set full of well-written catchy pop songs, then Dan Jones and the Squids took the stage and filled the room with full, guitar-driven pop/rock. We played last and made it through a fast, loud set with Eric magically CHANGING KICK DRUMS mid-song. We ended the show by enlisting the help of 3 Squids to take our instruments and finish our final song. A very fun, exciting evening! Hats off to friends Lenore and Ted for finding a sitter and making it down, Jacob for dropping in after work at Powell's, and Mike Nero for making it a point to come and to take pictures for me. Thanks to everyone! We had a GREAT time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Di! You're just rockin 'n rollin all over the place lately! I always lurk on yer blog, and I can tell life is treating you & the familia well! I miss you guys.
Deko and I are doing pretty great, too. Hope to talk to you soon...luvs -Heather
Diane said…
Heather, I miss you tooooo! I'm glad you're still reading the blog. I haven't been to Eugene since February, but I will find you when I do come down. xoxox d
kelley said…
what a fun show! it was good to meet you. -kelley, aka brian's wife
Diane said…
Great to meet you too, Kelley! I'm sure I'll be seeing you at other shows! --Diane

Popular Posts