Velvet Evening

The Towne Lounge is magic! A shabbily elegant, small white palace balanced between upper west Burnside and downtown. Overlooking the city lights, beneath the giant friendly Volvo sign. We started off the evening by greeting our dear friend Kaia as we all loaded in equipment. It's so great to share a stage with her once again, as we often did decades ago. Her set was beautiful. Soft, soulful songs about dogs and driving and people lost but not forgotten. She was joined by a stand-up bass player named Will and Most-Excellent drummer Marcie from Team Dresch. Kaia's more country-ish tunes stole my heart and made the audience sing along. I was afraid to follow that act, she had the audience in her hand.

However, The Valiant Arms turned up the volume and broke a sweat. We had at least one crazy dancer, and we had a mighty FINE TIME!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You guys were so great! Thanks for a fun evening! -Barb & Phil
Crabby Amy said…
I wasn't there (but I was in spirit!!)....all I can say is...

More Shows, More Shows, More Shows!!
Bonnie Story said…
Diane!! What a joy to read your blog and know that you are still a great lover of music, art and animals. Way to go. I have been so neglectful of our wonderful connection. Still in massive cranio-rectal insertion mode here, things are fine, but it's still so overwhelming. Really have had to dial back all my commitments and passions just to see this thing through here. But we are happy and healthy. I'm so delighted to see you online. It means so much. What a breath of fresh air!!! Sending my love and admiration to you!! XXOO Bon

POPULAR POSTS