Angels in Your Angles

Colin Meloy, singer of the amazing band the Decemberists played for an hour this afternoon to comemmorate the opening of the new Jackpot location on Hawthorne boulevard. I walked in the sunshine to the bright, freshly painted record store and joined the masses already assembled for the show. Although tall myself, I couldn't see past the hair and heads of the other tall people assembled around me, so while Colin sang and told stories, I just leaned against a record bin and listened. This was my first view....


When a few people left and I was able to move up, it improved to this....




Colin played his beautiful songs and sang in a clear, strong voice. I particularly enjoyed his one-chord rendition of the Smith's song "Ask".

Comments

Crabby Amy said…
ohhh lucky you! I wish I had been there! :) are you going to post more of your art from your previous post?

Popular Posts