...I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

These two horses came to me yesterday, appearing gradually as I wiped away ink from a plexiglass plate. Once the horses were ready, I layed a damp piece of paper over the ink and ran it through the press. Lifting the corner of the paper after it had been through, I saw a wild mane and raised hoofs, a challenging eye and bent neck, nose poised to greet me. Hello, friends!

Atelier Meridian is a printmaking studio owned and run by Jane Pagliarulo. It is located in one of my favorite neighborhoods in Portland, on Tillamook street, off Interstate avenue. The beautiful Freemont bridge towers over it, and the combination of small winding streets that look over the industrial waterfront is charming!
The studio is available to artists through a monthly membership, or can be rented by the day. I have purchased a 4-day punch pass, and thoroughly enjoyed my first day there on Wednesday. A light and spacious room, it is equipped with everything you could possibly need to make any kind of prints from etching to lithography. They offer workshops and classes for those who want to start printmaking, to those who need a refresher. Go here for more info. http://www.ateliermeridian.com/

Comments

snider said…
i love those horses D.
art trade!!!
Diane said…
Thank you Dave, I'd love to trade some art sometime! You should post some of your stuff on your blog! -- D

POPULAR POSTS