Friends To The End

Our best friends Dizzy and Emma have passed. First little Emma, border collie extraordinaire, fastest dog at the dog park, lover of all human-kind suddenly got an incurable cancer and went on to a better place one month ago. Heartbroken, we turned to our old man Dizzy for comfort. Dizzy came to us on my 30th birthday, eleven years ago. We found him at Greenhill Humane Society, barking as if his life depended on it. He oversaw the first year of our marriage, and the birth of our daughter. He lived ten years in Eugene with us, ruled the Morse dog park as his own little kingdom, and helped us achieve our life goal of moving to Portland. 2 weeks after Emma left us, Dizzy became ill. The vets never found out what was wrong with him, but I suspect it was a similar disease to that which Emma had. I said goodbye to my best buddy three days ago. I'm giving thanks for my beautiful friends Dizzy and Emma. Thank you guys, for making life full of sweet doggy moments and many many exhilarating walks up hill and dale. I miss you. xoxoxoxo

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so sad to hear that news. Cherish the happy memories you have of both dogs. -Barb

p.s. Phil want to know if you want Olivia :-)
Gunter said…
occationally read your blog, I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your beasties. I was once told that the one flaw of the dog is that we outlive them. A few years ago we lost our Ms. Bear. Found her late at night standing in the middle of the road on an unlit street in Tempe, Az. She never believed that the next meal would be there, but was always there for us. She smelled of jasmine. Gunter(of mexican gothic)
Diane said…
Thanks everyone, your kind words and understanding mean a lot.

Popular Posts