I, Becky Barrymore


Here is a great score I made at Powell's Books the other day. "I, Becky Barrymore" is a children's book as told by Becky Barrymore, the GREAT ACTOR Lionel Barrymore's cat! Lionel himself did all of the illustrations. To have a first edition of a book illustrated by this man is a real thrill for me. I've always loved the Barrymores (Drew notwithstanding), Lionel and Ethyl Barrymore (which are my favorites) are two of the greatest actors ever, starring in such films as Grand Hotel, Captains Courageous, It's A Wonderful Life, and None But The Lonely Heart.
I got this treasure for 6$.

Comments

Crabby Amy said…
That is so cool!! I love going to the bookstore...any bookstore. Old books, new books, doesnt' matter to me...it's all thrill! ;)
M.Gomez said…
you are seriously lagging on the posts. Three days! You can do better than that.

POPULAR POSTS