Coma!


I just finished watching this 1978 thriller, Coma. I first saw this movie when I was about 12, and it totally creeped me out. It still does! I love everything about it...Michael Douglas in doctor's clothes, Richard Widmark as the evil chief surgeon, even Genevieve Bujold's jute rope wedge sandals! I was surprised and delighted to see Tom Selleck as one of the young, healthy patients that go into a COMA in the suspicious O.R. 8, then are murdered for their organs. Also, I think I saw a young Ed Harris, idly cutting up a kidney, musing about how being a Pathologist and knowing so much about how best to kill someone "really keeps my wife in line". There's a Valley of the Dolls-like nurse that runs the evil Jefferson Institute where the Comatose are suspended from the ceiling and a great escape for Bujold on top of an ambulance. Also, wierdly 70's background conversation between nurses like whether a patient's belly button is an "inney" or an "outey". A cheap rent, this movie will definitely give you 2$ worth of a good time.

Comments

crabby amy said…
Obviously I need to rent this and have movie night at my house!! Thanks Diane...love your blog too!
Mr. Random said…
After reading your post, I had to add it to my Netflix queue, at the top!
Morgan P said…
Did I ever tell you about my English teacher? Her name was Mrs. Altoona untill she got a divorce. Then she changed it to Ms. Selleck because Tom is sooo handsome. It's true!
Diane said…
although big moustaches and hawaiian shirts were never my bag, I watched "Magnum PI" with my grandma and found something to enjoy..I think it might even have been Tom Selleck.

POPULAR POSTS